We are looking for our next leader of Procurement for US-based utility-scale solar and battery storage projects. The right individual will be highly effective at managing large & complex supplier relationships, who can successfully implement long-term procurement strategy, and is a creative problem solver within the procurement of large, utility-scale solar and battery storage equipment. The Director of Procurement is responsible for equipment purchasing and logistics, price forecasting, procurement strategy, and planning in support of solar and battery storage projects in the U.S.
- Leading company-wide procurement and supply chain procedures for solar and energy storage projects pipeline.
- Cultivating and maintaining a collaborative partnership with the Project Management and Engineering team for strategic and creative procurement plans.
- Executing procurement, logistics, and inspection activities for the project pipeline to support organization goals.
- Creating, fostering, and maintaining strategic supplier & procurement relationships key to successful solar project development and the risk associated with those relationships.
- Driving company-wide adoption of purchasing best practices, controls, and processes.
- Being the company’s Supply Chain subject matter expert with a deep understanding of relevant economic, industry, supply, and business conditions to refine strategy and assure adequate and competitive supply of critical equipment to support ongoing business and future initiatives.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and developing strategies and plans, to address policy and trade issues such as domestic content and tariffs.
- Creating and maintaining major equipment forecasts, using market and internally sourced intelligence, for use in future project EPC price estimates.
- Anticipating key supplier risk that could affect timely execution of utility scale solar and battery storage projects.
- Identifying and implementing supplier diversity strategies to achieve company-wide targets.
- Collaborating with technical team members for due diligence of major equipment, creating and maintaining a preferred vendor list used as the basis of design for projects in the pipeline depending on schedule and technology type.
- Partnering with leaders across the global organization on strategies impacting the company’s financial and operational performance.
- Driving analytical methods such as trending, historical performance, and time studies to support and increase accuracy.
- Developing continuous improvement methods, creating flexibility to lead, and keeping functional pace with market and partner strategies.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience leading supply chain, procurement, or strategic sourcing functions with primary focus on renewable energy.
- Experience managing a procurement portfolio including various indirect spends with a clear focus on supplier innovation, the ability to identify and create sources of quality goods and services.
- Successful past experience in process improvement and implementation, ERP systems (i.e., NetSuite), and logistics.
- Proven history of delivering impactful procurement cost reductions.
- Strong negotiation skills with an eye for details and the ability to close complex, multi-million-dollar deals.
- The ideal candidate will have strong macroeconomic, market, and policy knowledge with an ability to respond to global changes in the marketplace. Knowledge of price savings levers and risk management within the renewable energy industry will be expected.
- Ability to understand complex sourcing, and proactively plan for new industry trends.
- Deep understanding and ability to read, write and negotiate contracts; particularly contracting for large generation and related equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Economics. Master’s Degree is preferred.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, licenses and certifications, and any other factors UGE deems pertinent to the hiring decision.