UGE develops, owns, and operates community and commercial solar and energy storage projects in the United States and abroad. With over a decade of experience in the industry, we are on the front lines, working to accelerate the transition to clean, reliable energy worldwide.
Our team is growing quickly, and we seek talented and motivated individuals to join our projects team, focusing on system design.
The Senior Project Engineer will provide design and engineering support in all technical aspects of C&I solar + storage development and deployment of large-scale rooftop, carport and ground-mounted solar photovoltaic (PV), and Battery Energy Storage systems.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with reviewing and evaluating solar system designs, collaborate and coordinate with project stakeholders including developers, project managers, engineers, and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the electrical construction packages of solar PV and Storage projects and be familiar with layout optimization, equipment compatibility and constructability
- Review equipment datasheets, shop drawings and performance parameters of all relevant electrical equipment
- Familiar with civil and structural engineering of ground mounted projects and able to collaborate effectively with 3rd party engineering vendors
- Ensure project compliance with industry best practices, regulatory and utility requirements
- Assist in the technology review, selection and procurement of major equipment
- Perform site visits as needed and support testing and commissioning activities
- Familiar with DAS setup and troubleshooting
- Maintain constant communication with UGE offices in Toronto and New York
- 5+ Years of experience in the solar industry is required, specifically in the commercial and industrial and/or utility segment
- Proven track record of successfully engineering solar plus storage systems
- Energy storage experience is preferable
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is preferred
- Proficiency with Helioscope and PVsyst Energy Simulation knowledge is required
- Ability to analyze information, interpret data, and solve practical problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks
- PV-related NABCEP Certification is preferred
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance with options to enroll in a FSA and/or HSA
- Hybrid work policy