UGE's Solar Project Managers are responsible for managing multiple assigned projects in accordance with project contracts, schedules, budgets, and design specifications, as well as overseeing subcontractors and construction managers/coordinators.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Responsible for management and execution of multiple contracted projects and coordination of new projects under development.
- Manage all aspects of construction including budget, schedule, contractor supervision, and client relationships.
- Ensure projects are executed ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Ensure overall adherence of contractors to contracts.
- Use Procore software to maintain current status of budgets, invoicing, site images and commitments.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and ongoing communications with all relevant stakeholders.
- Represent UGE in stakeholder meetings during the construction phase of the project.
- Oversee deployment team, including subcontractors and construction managers.
- Responsible for delegating work as necessary to ensure efficiency.
- Responsible for continuous risk evaluation and mitigation.
- Work closely with the Procurement and Development teams during pre-contract phases, including negotiating EPC contracts.
- Prepare and submit applications to various agencies/boards having jurisdiction over required permits and/or approvals.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring of project budgets.
- Accountability for all key performance indicators for assigned projects.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- Manages multiple external parties as needed to complete projects successfully.
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-starter, highly organized, resourceful, and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership of work product.
- High degree of effectiveness working in a collaborative and open culture across cross-functional teams.
- Strong preference for experience with Procore software or similar systems.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite, data management, and reporting.
- Knowledgeable of authorities having jurisdiction over the permitting process.
- Experience with drawing software tools, such as AutoCAD, is a plus.
- Manage multiple parties as needed to complete projects ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to simplify, summarize, manage, and solve complex issues and then report to senior management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively.
- Understanding of all aspects of the project, including engineering, technical, constructability, and schedule to achieve project success.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and handle, under pressure, multiple projects with a high degree of independence and professional judgment to meet or beat project key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and manage design, development, and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommend changes or additions.
- Travel required: ~10%
Experience & Education
- Four year technical degree preferred – Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
- Proven track record with 2 -5 years of experience as a project manager in renewable energy construction projects..
- Structural and/or Electrical engineering knowledge is a plus.
- Construction project management of Commercial and Industrial renewable energy projects is a plus.
- Project management certifications are an asset but not required (i.e. PMP or similar).
- Experience working with clients in a rapidly evolving environment and developing creative solutions to meet conflicting needs.