UGE develops, owns, and operates community and commercial solar and energy storage projects in the United States and abroad. With over a decade of experience in the industry, we are on the front lines, working to accelerate the transition to clean, reliable energy worldwide.
Our team is growing quickly, and we seek talented and motivated individuals to join our project origination team with a focus on the Southwest region.
The Origination Manager will identify opportunities to develop distributed solar and energy storage projects, ranging in size from 500kW to 5MW. The candidate will establish and grow origination channels and form relationships with businesses and landowners, growing the pipeline of sites for development.
Project development is multidisciplinary, bringing together many key aspects of the renewable energy industry. The ideal candidate will be familiar with evaluating land parcels and rooftop opportunities, establishing communication with land and building owners, and negotiating to secure land/roof rights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategy for origination, qualification, and securing site control of land parcels and roof leases in the region
- Collaborate closely with the development team to target priority geographies and evaluate site feasibility
- Engage with land and building owners to negotiate and execute options to lease or purchase
- Form and maintain relationships with stakeholders including landowners, utilities, and other authorities
- 2+ years of experience in a role with transferrable knowledge and skills (renewable energy, corporate partnerships, real estate, land leasing, etc.)
- Demonstrated business acumen, including relationship building and negotiating
- Ability to analyze information, interpret data, and solve practical problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize workload
- Self-starter who likes to consistently meet and exceed targets
- Experience with MS Office, utilizing CRMs, shared folder drives, and similar tools
- Preference for candidates who have prior experience working in renewable energy, real estate, or both
- Willingness to travel within the region as required
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive salary, bonuses and commissions
- High quality health, dental, and vision insurance with options to enroll in a FSA and/or HSA
- Ability to work remotely
- Generous PTO policy
- Smart, collaborative, and fun team making a tangible impact on our transition to the clean energy future and health of our planet